Store Addition: SPELLCROW

We recently have decided to bring in some Spellcrow. If you are not sure what Spellcrow is; have a look here

http://www.spellcrow.com/

I have had an eye on Spellcrow for quite a while. They started just doing conversion bits but have not moved to making their own IP which is great.

Spellcrow have terrain and miniatures, a move to expand from their conversion bits base.

There isn’t such a huge miniature mod culture in Malaysia but these are perfect for the few who do it almost religiously.

From orc head variants to the space soldiers from the different evil space gods you could find something for the converting enthusiast.

Some samples to check out

Salamander or Dragon style shoulder pads for Space Knights

Noise Weapons for Demonic Space Knights

Hatch Door for Plague Infected Knights

Fixing – The Modern Art Boardgame box

The Modern Art boardgame by Reinia Knizia has been in my car boot as the emergency game to take out when I am on holiday or when a social situation calls for it.

I rather enjoy the game and the “Bidding” mechanism which drives the game.

The box has seen better days, I forget sometimes that when i open the boot on a stormy day rain water gets in this can damage the box. Every time I would open the boot, there it will be waiting to be rescued, very much like the story of the “Tin Soldier”

So, pulling my socks up, I got to it.

Please note: the method I am using requires a lot of patience to get done right. I feel if the game has given you hours of fun, why skimp on care.

The joints of the box was put together with paper glue. Just a light spread is all it needs. It’s important to note that this helps to bond the card. While slow will be strong when cellophane tape is used to reinforce the hold.

The box was slightly warped from the water damage, so this too a little longer to do, I used my hair dryer and slowly got the box to its normal shape. This helps with getting the tear joints to fit.

Rubber bands were used to hold the box secure. While it dries. As for the bits of the box that were water damaged, I taped them down so the damage is more or less controlled.

Once both lid and tray were fixed, I gave the box a more tight hold with a few more rubberbands.

Done right, the box itself will thanks you by looking more or less spiffy again.