Castle Tower Ruins

I have had this piece in the store now for years. I am not sure who passed me a bag of dental plaster casts but it seems to have been here almost forever.

In fact, this was not the first time i decided to paint it. I think a few years ago, I did a black primer on it and crappy lazy brown job for the chest.


And this is how it stayed for a long long while….

Tonight tho….. it was time to do something with it.

I gave the piece a spray of Army Painter’s Uniform Grey as a base. On the back, I decided to apply a dusting of Army Painter’s Skeleton Bone.


I wanted to give the outside a different feel from the inside of the ruins piece

Army Painter’s Uniform Grey and some white was used to high light.


The chest used Vallejo’s Saddle Brown and all three of the Army Painter’s Silver paints. This was washed with Vallejo’s smoke. I also did a slight brown wash on all the recesses inside. On the outside i used pigment to stain parts i felt would drip or hold water.


Its at this point when as per usual the project stopped as I spent a few hours looking for a installer CD that was just the right size for this ruin.

I did not find it.

Well….. in a few years then 🙂


Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *